Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Night Rider



Settings
This timelapse was taken with a f4.5 aperture / 500 iso / 2" exposure / 3" interval / Processed in Lightroom / RAW format / Sigma 10-20mm lens set to 12mm

Technique
In this timelapse I wanted to utilize the long exposure of a night time shoot in conjunction with the lights from cars and street lights.  As the exposure is kept open the light burns into the picture, while the light moves from one spot to the other you can see the entire streak of light.  Knowing this I thought it would create a very interesting and dreamlike drive.  It definitely can seem dizzying to people however by getting the dash and hood of the car in the picture it provides something with stability and a stationary frame of reference.  One part of the timelapse that I felt turned out better than expected were the clouds moving in the sky.  The drive to me actually felt that it was 100% overcast and I didnt believe definition could be taken from the heavy cloud cover.  That just goes to show how much light comes in while the exposure is held open, alot of times light your eyes cant see a long exposure can still pick up.

Thoughts and What's Next?
Tons of new and exciting things are on the horizon!  First of all for my birthday my wife got me a motorized slider.  This will bring an entirely new dimension to the timelapses and I'll explain further in the next one.  Now if we can just get the temperatures to warm up every so slightly so my camera can function outside!

Still balding but not bald,
-Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment